Search This Blog

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fredericksburg Fun

On Mother's Day weekend we went to Fredericksburg to celebrate my mom's ??th birthday. We had great weather, great food and a great location in the little house we rented. Here are some pics: 



Grandmother and Leo in front of the house. It was one block off Main Street, an easy walk to restaurants, shops and a playground. 




The coolest feature of the house was this outdoor patio, complete with a bar, tables and TV


Leo called this "Leo's restaurant" and he served us sticks and leaves.

Grandpa Ron called it the coolest thing ever and spent lots of time out here.



Grandpa Ron and Gus playing at the MarketPlatz park on Main Street. 



Leo and Gus on the tire swing at the park. 




Gus and Leo (and some other little friends) loved climbing in the trees at Hondo's, a fun restaurant with live music right behind our house.




In typical kid-vacation-form, Gus went to bed late and woke up super early. I had to get him out of the house (still in his pjs) for a walk so he didn't wake the others. Luckily there was a cute coffee shop close by.


We climbed Enchanted Rock…well, not all of us made it to the top. But Leo was our star climber, leading the way. 



Grandpa Ron, Gus, Grandmother (and me, taking the pic) decided this was high enough. 







My mom and sister and I also got in some shopping on Saturday. We all walked to a pizza place for dinner and those of us in our 30s and 40s (Frank, Kristin and me), went to a brewery later that night. Oh, and of course we had kolaches and birthday cake.


Leo and Gus say, "Grandmother should turn ?? all the time! This is fun!"





4 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Hey Leo & Gus: I have the next Grandparent birthday ...not as impressivev(??) as Grandmothers, but maybe Popsy & I can smuggle you on our river cruise?!!!

GR said...

Thanks for the memories! The only thing you left out was the great covered patio bar in the back yard. It was one of the neatest entertainment venues I ever saw. When we win the Texas Lottery I plan on having an identical venue built.

Writinggal said...

GJ, you can totally take them on the river cruise! I'll go get them passports :)
GR, I thought you might say that! Frank has all the pictures of the porch. I will get him to send them to me and I will add them. It WAS awesome; I look forward to hanging out on the one you will surely have built.

Claire said...

What a fun trip!! Happy late XXX birthday to Liz! I love the outdoor patio and the pics of Grandpa Ron watching the tv. Perfect spot!