Search This Blog

Friday, June 01, 2012

I Love Lamp


Ever since that scene in Anchorman when Steve Carell's character says, "I love lamp," it's been a running joke around our house. I don't know why it comes up but every now and then one of us will say, "I love lamp." And then, oh, how we guffaw. Or just smirk.

But now I have a real occasion for saying it. I LITERALLY love a lamp. I love this lamp, the red gourd lamp from Pier One.




First, let me share with you my quest to find a lamp: I searched online and glanced around in Target. Sure, that's not that impressive of a quest but for someone who doesn't like shopping, I feel I put in some quality quest time. Since my furniture is pretty traditional (Rooms to Go Chic) I wanted something with a splash of color...funky even...or maybe just a splash of color. I kept finding beautiful wooden lamps but I knew if I came home with a brown lamp next to our brown sofas Frank would say, "What can brown do for you?" (Another running joke at our house).

I stumbled into Pier One after a successful shopping trip at Old Navy. I have more confidence in my ability to find cool things after I've already found cool things, ya know? I figured lamps at Pier One would be beyond my price range (not that I had a price range, really) but I thought it couldn't hurt to look.

First I saw this sky blue lamp that was pretty cool and I thought, "Maybe I'm going with a beachy theme here." But then the red gourd lamp spoke to me. Really, its clearance price tag spoke to me. Originally $75, it was $39.98, y'all! 

The cashier asked if I had noticed the pretty stuff on the inside of the cream colored shade. I said, "Yes, I wish it was on the outside!" But then I got home and turned on the lamp and check it out:



Can you see it? The pretty stuff on the inside is illuminated through the shade!!



I think it fits in nicely with my Rooms to Go decor.

I'm pretty sure this is the coolest thing I've ever bought. Every time I look at it I just think, "I love lamp." It makes me wonder if I might have a future in decorating--especially if there are potential clients out there who want someone who specializes in finding cool pieces from Pier One and Rooms to Go.



4 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Yes!!! I love your lamp.

Writinggal said...

The only thing is, it doesn't actually give off a lot of light. I think it needs a buddy!

Liz said...

I think it would be cooler if you owned that shirt. But I do love your lamp, too. :)

Sanaa02 said...

I love this lamp too and broke one of them! I've been trying to find the exact lamp EVERYWHERE! Where did you purchase yours?