Search This Blog

Friday, June 04, 2010

Pillow People

 

I was in the security line at the Atlanta airport the other day and right in front of me were two young women, chatting eagerly about their Memorial Day weekend plans. I noticed that, in addition to their carry-on luggage, they were each holding pillows.

Ugh. I rolled my eyes. Pillow People!!

Who are Pillow People?

People who have to bring their own pillows everywhere they go. To me, this is so high maintenance. So Princess and the Pea. So J. Lo and her alleged “I can only have green M&Ms” rider requests.

I mean, can you not sleep on another pillow? What’s so special about your pillow that you think it’s worth lugging around with you all over the country, or perhaps the planet?

Sure, you may want to sleep on the plane but they have pillows, ya know. Okay, they’re flat and small and maybe dozens of heads have been on them in between cleanings but…

Well, maybe Pillow People have a point there.

But if the PPs are bringing their pillows to use at their destination, that I don’t get. Celebs, especially. They stay at posh hotels! I bet the pillows are magnificent.

Hey, Blake Lively, where are you going that they don’t have decent pillows? I know you’re not staying at the Best Western! (And by the way, the pillows at BW are fine.)

 

Blake_Lively_at_LAX_Airport_-_September_18_2009_3-748x1024

And Eva Longoria Parker, what makes your head so privileged?

eva-l-london

My head is perfectly fine on any pillow. I’m no diva. Give me a throw pillow. Give me a rolled up blanket. Just give me something that props my up my head and I’m happy. Oh, and also some green M&Ms. Only green ones.

2 comments:

Liz said...

The thought just crossed my mind that maybe the pillow is an adult version of the teddy bear or the "blankie". For those who still need something of their own to hold on to. Eva and Blake seem to fit that mold.

Writinggal said...

So glad my blankie is easy to pack in my carry-on luggage.