Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Unnecessary prepping

I’m on a high today since the housekeeper came and all my toilet paper is in cute little shapes like triangles and roses. Plus, the house is clean. But really, it was clean before she got here. You know why? Because I cleaned up for the housekeeper! When I explained it to Leo it sounded weird: “We have to pick up all your toys and put them in the toy box because Kezia is coming to clean today.” He looked at me like, “So you’re cleaning because someone’s coming to clean?”

I prepped the house by straightening, wiping and even doing a little pre-dusting.
I have two reasons for this neurotic behavior:

1. I don’t want her to spend all her time picking up toys. I need her to vacuum!
2. I don’t want her to think I’m a slob.


These are the same reasons I wash and do my hair before going to the hairdresser. I don’t want her to get nauseous washing my greasy hair. Plus, if I go in there with a pony tail she’ll have no idea what my hair normally looks like. She might wash it, cut and then put it right back in a pony tail! And then what would be the point of going out to dinner to show off my new do?


Getting the car washed: I mainly go so they can rid my car of Goldfish but I still pick up some of the bigger fish. I don’t want them to think I’m a savage.


Mani/Pedi: I can’t go in there with dirty feet and sharp finger nails!


If I had eyebrows I’d probably pre-tweeze them before going to get them done. But since I don’t, I can spend more time cleaning my house and then paying someone to clean it.

It sounds crazy but it's totally worth it. I could never make roses out of toilet paper.

2 comments:

GR said...

I can identify. When we had a cleaning lady, I was always there to let her in. I spent the whole morning picking up things prior to her arrival. One day she picked up something: one of our blank checks.

Writinggal said...

I hid the check book just in case! I thought of another example too: working out before you join a gym!