Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S



Ever wondered what happened to your good friends at Glamour Shots? They’ve totally changed. They’re not so glamorous anymore. And by that, I mean, they don’t utilize boas, cheesy poses or rouge.

I thought of GS because last night at bunco this girl told the best story ever about her experience. After hearing this story I said, “I so wish that had happened to me so I could write about it on my blog!” But then I decided it was good enough to share:

So she was twelve years old and her mom decided to take her to Glamour Shots. Except instead of GS being in a mall, it was at a Super 8. Yes, the motel. I’m not sure it even was the REAL Glamour Shots. So her mom not only takes her to get Glamour Shots at a sleazy motel (again, not a mall or even a HOTEL, mind you) but she actually leaves her there! And this creepy old man put tons of make-up on her and took her picture. “I was wearing a red boa!” she said. Luckily, that’s all that happened and now it’s just a funny story rather than a made-for-television-movie story.

I’ve never had Glamour Shots but I have been known to do the Glamour Shots pose in group pictures:





That’s my favorite one. The old “pull up your collar and turn to the side.” I also admired how they could get a woman’s (or a twelve-year-old’s) hair to fill up the entire 5 x 7 picture.

But now they’ve gone and changed. They’re really like every other photo studio now. You can even get family “glamour” shots. Maybe we’ll do that with our family. I heard there’s a deal down at the La Quinta.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Have you already told the story of how you wanted your going away happy hour to be at Taco Cabana because it was non-committal for people (they could come, pay at the counter, drink a beer and leave). And you knew random people wouldn't want to go there just because it was a fun place so you wouldn't have to give "goodbye hugs" to people you didn't like? Oh wait, I just told the story for you. :)

Liz said...

p.s. your blog is currently the "main page" of my google reader because nothing else has refreshed to read yet... so every time I click on it, the lady's picture comes up and I laugh. It's awesome.

Writinggal said...

I will need to tell the REAL story of the TC Goodbye! Ooh, something to look forward to!

Kristin said...

I did do glamour shots in the 90's. I wouldn't let them make my hair big.
Sure wish I could have rocked that purple jacket!

Writinggal said...

I forgot about your Glamour Shots!! I think you did the chin-resting-on-hand pose!