Search This Blog

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Tell Me Something I Don't Know


Repetitiveness is not my favorite thing. But when you’re having a baby, you tend to hear the same advice and “wisdom” over and over again. It’s not their fault; they don’t know that I just heard a similar (albeit often slightly varied) tip only hours before.

So just in case you were itching to add to my advice and comment pool, I’ll fill you in on the ones I hear the most. (You can thank me later for opting not to include any childbirth comments on this list.)

Oh, you’re carrying high, it must be a girl.

Are you going to breastfeed?

One day you’ll see a foot move across your belly. It will be so freaky!

Don’t you hate it when people touch your belly? Can I touch your belly?

You’re not due until April?

You’re carrying low, it must be a girl.

You’re going to breastfeed, right?

One day you’ll see a hand move across your belly. Totally weird!

Wow, you’ve really popped. Really? Not until April?

Breast feeding burns lots of calories!

You’re carrying high, it must be a boy.

You’re carrying low, it must be a boy.

One day you’ll see a butt move across your belly. It’s so strange!


2 comments:

Jessi said...

I have no concept of this "high" "low" business. Sounds like nonsense to me.

No advice, but I think you look great. And BS does too!

Writinggal said...

Thanks!

And there's lots of other guessing methods about the sex: the ring test, the draino test, some say they can tell from your back, some say they can tell from if you have heartburn and morning sickness. I'm pretty sure they all just have a 50/50 shot.