Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

T-Day


Some folks call it May Day but I call it T-Day as in “Teeth Freedom Day.” It’s the first day I’ve had nothing on the bottom of my teeth since June 28th, 2006. I wore my retainer last night and this morning after I ate my Kashi I didn’t put it back in my mouth. I just left it on the counter. I didn’t even brush it! It was so liberating!

But to tell you the truth, I feel more naked than free. It’s like I walked out of the house without my purse…or without pants on. (And by the way, in junior high I had this irrational fear that I forgot to wear pants to school. I would look down and tell myself that I was indeed wearing pants but just to be sure I would always ask a friend or a bus seat partner, “Am I wearing pants?” Maybe that’s what happens to the people in the drive-thru lines. Wow. FCM. Full Circle Moment.)

I’m just nervous that my teeth are going to spread apart again. And if they do, it’s Braces Boulevard for Writinggal. But for now, they’re as together as they’re gonna get. Here’s a closer look:

BEFORE:

AFTER:



Yes, there’s still a tiny space but I’m certain that my “you’ve got some spinach in your teeth” comments will go down at least 80%. And what’s going to go up? My grazing ability! I’m gonna sample food at grocery stores, nibble at parties and munch on chips and salsa! Oh, that sounds so good. I think I’ll head out and hit a Mexican restaurant for lunch.

But wait…am I wearing pants?




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great, how was your Mexican lunch?

Writinggal said...

You know I wouldn't go out to lunch by myself for Mexican food...Jason's Deli, maybe.

Writinggal said...

Update: It's the next day and I'm wearing it again. I felt like my teeth were moving back to their original locale and I couldn't handle it! I'm a retainer addict. A retainaholic.

Jessi said...

Me too! I don't want them to get ugly again so I've got mine on all the time. The best part is it's clear!

Reminds me to take a photo for all to see (or not see!).