Search This Blog

Monday, February 19, 2007

Have you seen me?


Name: Big Blue Recycle Bin
Born: 12/16/06
Missing Since: 2/16/07
Height: 4 feet, 2 inches
Race: Blue
Weight: 100 pounds (full of recyclables) or 30 pounds (empty)
Last seen with: Recycle Pick-up Guy


If anybody has any information as to the whereabouts of our dear Big Blue Recycle bin, please contact me. I called 3-1-1 to report it missing but of course, they can’t do anything on a “holiday.” I did speak to someone and I indicated that I suspected it was bin-napped. “Isn’t there an Amber Alert for this sort of thing?” I asked. “No, but how can we be sure SOMEONE ELSE stole it, huh?” the sanitation dept. official said. “We will have to do a thorough investigation to rule out EVERYONE, including you.”

How dare she suggest that I had something to do with this! I am innocent! I had no reason to steal my own recycle bin. It’s probably some recycling pervert. He’s probably wanted in another state like Wyoming. If you’re reading this and you have our bin, just return it, unharmed. It’s just a baby! I need it back. And dammit, I’ve got a lot of cardboard piling up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it took off and recycled itself? Instead of one huge bin, it's now several smaller recycle bins. That or it's gone to join a circus.

Writinggal said...

That bin did have a rebellious side. Gets it from his dad.

Jessi said...

Maybe it's "pressing pause" from you guys.

Anonymous said...

Maybe one your neighbors is a "super-recycler" and needed and extra bin!

My guess is that it just got dumped into the recycling truck by accident when they picked it up!!

Anonymous said...

Well I think Big Blue Recycle Bin ran away from home because he was over protected, having to stay in the garage in between pick up dates when BBRB saw the other neighbors are left out all the time. Now, if I did have a BBRB I would like to keep him safe in the garage too. But, maybe the Regular Trash Can told the men to take him away because he does stay out all the time and was jealous of BBRB. hummm...