Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Gus' First Day of the "Young Fives"

We knew we wanted to red shirt Gus. But what to do with him while we wait around for Kindergarten? I thought about forgetting preschool and just doing a year of finger painting at home. But then I remembered I'm not crafty and I don't even like doing his "popcorn" words with him.

(flashback)
"It's A!! The word is A! Not P! P is not a word! Well, I guess it is but it wouldn't be a popcorn word! Sit in timeout until you figure out that it's A!"

Luckily, there were enough kids in this same situation so his preschool offered a "Young 5's" class. There are nine kids and one teacher! I'm so happy about this situation for Gus--small class, half day. It's a good way to spend this gap year.

He was excited that he knew almost all the kids in his class from last year!

Some pics are from "Meet the Teacher" day and some are from the First Day...just in case you thought I have my kid do wardrobe changes throughout the day.












3 comments:

GR said...

That's a good-lookin' Young 5!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

We did the same thing with Jules (June b-day). Totally worth it.