Search This Blog

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Kindergarteners Say the Darndest Things

It's the night before Kindergarten and Leo just said two smart/funny things:

"I like it when you have the carpets cleaned. Then they roll up my rug and it's more fun to make up stories. It's a symbiotic relationship. You get your carpets cleaned and I get to make up stories."

Then, after giggling over that, I gave him a hug and said, "I love you and I'm proud of you." He asked, "Why are you proud of me?"

I said, "Because you're big enough and smart enough to go to Kindergarten."

He said, "What? Everybody goes to Kindergarten! It's part of life. It's not like I won a reward or something."

Can't argue with that.

Good luck to his teacher!



1 comment:

Granny Jo said...

I just know Leo will have a great 1st day at kindergarten!!!