Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Shoo Shoo

Behold, Gus has bestowed a name upon his blanket and thy name is Shoo Shoo.

We do not know where this came from; it's not like it's a variation on another word for blanket. We just started noticing that when he said "shoo shoo," he was pointing to one of his three blankets. 

I usually wash two blankets at a time but today I tried to see if I could get away with washing all three. So right before nap I offered him a different blanket. It's SO similar. It's blue, soft and has bindings on the edge AND the entire back. It's a superior shoo shoo IMO.  It does not have stars all over it like his though. He wouldn't even sample it. He pulled it off the chair, threw it and said, "No, shoo shoo!" (As in "That is NOT my shoo shoo!") Fine. Sleep with your stinky shoo shoo. 

Later we were about to have a picnic. I said to Leo and Gus, "I just need to get the blanket. That is the first step to a successful picnic, the blanket." When I returned from the garage with the picnic blanket, I found Gus waiting by the back door, his shoo shoo in hand. Of course, he heard what I said and brought the blanket to the picnic! 

Here are a few shots of Gus with his precious shoo shoo: 

Greedy boy, bringing two shoo shoos in the car when we already have one in there! 

"Look, we're a package deal. If I go, the shoo shoo goes." 

Clinging to his shoo shoo and sleeping like an angel.


3 comments:

Granny Jo said...

So sweet!

Kristin said...

Sweetest angel! Oh Gus you should trust your Mama's expertise when it comes to "Shoo Shoos." She has a PhD in Blanketology, and is a Distinguished Professor in the Department of Bindingology.

Liz said...

SO precious.