Search This Blog

Thursday, September 08, 2011

God Bless Gus

Labor Day weekend we welcomed Gus into the Catholic Club. Whereas I had to go through months of classes to be in the club, Gus is now a "cradle Catholic." We were so happy that our family came to celebrate with us: My parents, Frank's parents, My sister ("Tia"), and Aunt Julie and Uncle Doug, who also served as Gus' Godparents! We got to meet their son, Franklin, for the first time. He is just a 2.5 months older than Gus so they will be close cousins. The only people missing were Uncle David, Aunt Laura and Cousin Ellie. But they had a good excuse; they are expecting another close cousin of Gus and Franklin's in the next few weeks. (Side note: I will be that baby's Godmother!)

Here is the whole group at Gus' baptism:


Proud Godparents and parents with a confused Gus: "What is this Catholic thing and why am I wearing a dress?"



With cousin Franklin!

Franklin, Leo and Gus--future longhorns. You're outnumbered, Aggie/Bear Ellie!






2 comments:

Kristin said...

What a special time with my 3 sobrinos. So glad I got to spend time with my godson Leo, see precious Gus get baptized, and meet adorable Franklin for the first time! Love, Tia K

Writinggal said...

Thank you for the Longhorn gear, Tia!