Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

If all his friends jumped off a bridge...

...Leo would probably jump off a bridge too. He loves to do things that his buddies do. For instance, he's never been too strong in the straw sucking department but the other day, he say Etienne do it so when I offered him a straw he said, "Just like Etienne!" Now every time he drinks from a straw he says that over and over.

So instead of discouraging this follower-type behavior, I'm using it to my advantage. It's working wonders at meal time:

"Leo, do you want some Yo Baby?"

"NO!"

"Do you know who is eating Yo Baby right now? Bianca."

"Leo eat Yo Baby!"

Then we did this whole little routine where he ate a bite and then we pretended to give a bite to Bianca. It was helpful that the baby on the package looks like Bianca so we'd aim the spoon there.

Today we also shared some pasta with Bianca.

But then I realized I need to get all the friends involved. When he was iffy about eating apple sauce I said, "Do you know who likes apple sauce? Olivia!"
"Leo like apple sauce too!"

And then the whole time he ate it, he kept saying, "Olivia like apple sauce!"

But then he rememebered something that Olivia ate months ago and said, "Olivia like cookies!" so I had to give him some of those too.

I'm excited about this new tactic, though, and I think I'm going to assign a friend to each food. Hmmm...I wonder who he'd believe likes veggies?

(By the way, Frank has my camera so I have no relevant pictures. But here are a couple of Leo from last week, pretending to take a shower at the park.)












2 comments:

Kristin said...

I bet Leo will want to find friends who eat cookies, cake and lollipops!
I bet you do not have to think of a friend for him to eat Mac and Cheese!

Lori said...

Hey, whatever works at this age!