Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Camera Captures

Sometimes I just peek at the pics on my iPhone's camera roll to see if any of them spark a blog topic. Well, apparently, the kids have been snapping pictures more than I have. And I have to say, their work is impressive considering they are so young. I think I might have a couple of budding Annie Leibovitz on my hands. 


A superb selfie from Gus: 


This is one of about a hundred I found that I call "Dark and mysterious." 



I call this, "Toes' view of the living room." 

And then, "Heel's view of the living room." 



The lighting on this one is spectacular.

One of the kids was experimenting with lighting and camera angles here.


The shadows and backlight here are quite haunting.


This blur was intentional, I'm sure, to show the movement of the floors.

Whichever kid took this one was really committed--tilting the phone just right AND executing the blur balance.



I call this, "Blurry Mommy." 


After Leo took this picture of Gus's Pull-up, he uploaded it to an app called ChatterPix where he made the Pull-up talk. Genius.



I see a rug. I see a suspicious object close up to the camera. This one really sparks my curiosity.

This shot of the door speaks to me.


I mean, who would think of shooting the foyer from the POV of walking out of the house? Only a brilliant photographer.




It's like the couch cushion comes to life.


It's like the ceiling fan comes to life. (Which would be nice, actually, since it is not working right now.)

Funky angle on the couch cushion. I dig it!



And then I uncovered about 200 of these selfie gems. I chose only the best ones:



















And lastly, a t-shirt selfie done my me, to show that, I may not have the photography chops of my sons, but I am the coolest mom on the block with my new Star Wars shirt.






3 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Ranks in the top 10 of your funniest blogs! And impressive too. No way Popsy would know how to upload a photo to an app. Love your Star Wars t-shirt

Writinggal said...

Thanks, GJ! I am glad you liked it cause I was seriously grabbing at straws for this one!

GR said...

I could take these examples and put on a show at some offbeat art gallery in Houston. The guests could walk around and make comments about "the way the light plays off" various objects, or the "depth of feeling" conveyed in each picture. Then we'd have a silent auction to raise money for the restoration of the Jasper wetlands.