Search This Blog

Sunday, June 08, 2014

So long, Preschool!

Hello, Kindergarten! 

Leo completed his coursework at St. Francis of Assisi preschool a couple of weeks ago. Now there's all this talk of Kindergarten. It made me think back to a post I wrote just a few days ago about how Leo took his backpack to his first playgroup. I titled it "Kindergarten Already?" and I remember when I wrote it, thinking that Kindergarten was SO far away. 

I found that blog tonight and, whaddya know? I actually wrote it in July of 2008. So it turns out it wasn't just a few days ago. It just felt that way. 

So here is a throwback to when Leo was six years away from Kindergarten followed by pictures of him finishing preschool, just three months away from from Kindergarten. 



Kindergarten Already?

No, not yet. But Leo was excited about bringing his new backpack to playgroup. Although I think he is smart enough for kindergarten. He already reads! Well, he doesn't read but he stares at the books when we read them to him and sometimes he even tries to turn the pages. His favorites? Anything by Dr. Seuss. He's also a fan of Leo the Late Bloomer and any books that involve hippos, belly buttons or both.

"Thanks for not making me go to school yet, Mommy. Sorry I spit up all over my new outfit."



1 comment:

Kristin said...
Too precious! Leo will be the cutest kindergartener ever!


Tia Kristin, your premonition was right!! See below. 





















2 comments:

GR said...

Before you know it, Leo will be crossing the stage at UT-Austin to receive his B.A. in spooky mazes.

Granny Jo said...

That tiny back pack looked so big next to baby Leo