Search This Blog

Saturday, February 01, 2014

The Simciks go to Disney World!


Here's a recap of our trip to Disney World in various adjectives and nouns: Excitement, Anticipation, Conjunctivitis, Joy, Crowded, Thrilling, Fun, Tantrums, Amazing, Worn out, Memorable, Diarrhea. 

And here is a recap in pictures: 


It was Gus' "1st Visit" but Leo's second. He went in December of 2010 when he was the age that Gus is now! 




Downtown Disney our first night. They were impressed with the Lego store and Gus got his mouse ears. 








About to go into the Magic Kingdom. I LOVED this stroller we rented. The seats were comfy and reclined all the way! Also had lots of room for stuff. We called it the "brother stroller."

















The coolest thing was the "Pirate Tutorial with Jack Sparrow" where Leo got picked to go on stage with Jack Sparrow!












This was a typical reaction by Gus at the end of rides. Here, it's on the "Barn Stormer" (formerly Goofy's roller coaster) which was his favorite. Even though this was his second time to ride and I warned him it was short, he still threw a fit at the end.



My favorite ride: the teacups! I even rode it by myself when the kids were sleeping (in the super comfortable stroller).



















Frank researched and learned that this particular week was the LEAST crowded and cheapest time to go. But when I was shoulder to shoulder with people I told Frank he must have been mistaken. However, the Disney employees told us that this was indeed not crowded and one even described it as "dead."





5 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Looks like lots of magical fun!

GR said...

That looks like one of the great vacations of all time! If I was 30 years younger, I'd have liked to been along.

Writinggal said...

Did y'all click on the link from the 2010 trip that I put in here? Leo is so cute and chubby!

Granny Jo said...

Disney Dude Leo has grown up so much. No longer chubby but still cute!

ElizabethF said...

Now that I'm planning our first trip to WDW I'm finally reading this! Interested to know where you stayed and where the rented stroller came from. I've been wondering if I should rent a double so Kate can ride when she gets tired. Maybe so!