Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Leo Says the Darndest Things XIXXXIIXIII

Like any curious five-year-old, Leo has LOTS of questions. He also thinks he's got it all figured out. Here are some of the revelations he's had in the last week:

"There are two kids of ants. There are the ants that are bugs and then there are the ants that are like your grandma!"

He was asking all about getting married and when Frank and I met, etc. We told him when he's older he might meet a girl in college or when he's a grown-up and want to marry her.

"But I just want to marry Gus! When can I marry Gus?"

We told him that he actually couldn't marry Gus because he's his brother.

"But sometimes there are two daddies!"


And then, getting in the car yesterday, he said, "Did you know that pirates are stinky? They're even stinkier than daddy!"


That's all I got for now but I've been jotting these things down on my phone so expect more soon. I leave you with a few pics from the last week:

Leo with his art camp projects


After doing the big, tube slide at Celia's b-day party



Gus doing a smaller (but still cool!) slide

With Celia, the birthday girl

Making banana chocolate chip muffins


In their new pirate ship shirts. Thank you, Grandmother and Grandpa Ron!


4 comments:

GR said...

I met Jack Sparrow at McDonald's in Frisco and he wasn't stinky, Leo. However, a couple of the customers were.

Writinggal said...

Was it Frank? :)

GR said...

Was Frank pushing a shopping cart and carrying a garbage bag full of his belongings?

Writinggal said...

Yikes, I did not see that McDonald's patron!