Search This Blog

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Gus has been here eight months






He's on the loose! Gus is a full-fledged crawler now. The gate is up; our eyes are peeled and Leo is terrified that Gus is going to take his toys! (He should be, by the way. I let Gus play with his dump truck while he's at pre-school...shhhh.)


Gus is also into:
--Eating his shoe: He has tons of toys but his favorite thing to play with/eat is his shoe. I figure it's all right since he's never actually walked in those shoes. (Too loosey goosey?)

--Leo: He thinks Leo is the coolest person on the planet. When he sees his big brother, he breaks into a grin that usually evolves into laughter. He can no longer sleep in the car if Leo is there. I think he's going to get a crick in his neck from turning to gaze at him.

--STILL being angelic: His dislike list is short: having his diaper/clothes changed, getting in the car seat (but is fine after a few seconds) and waiting even a nano-second for food. People who meet him still say he's "content" but I'd say he's also jolly. When I go in to get him after a nap or in the morning he looks like he's posing for a picture: "CHEESE!"

--Eating: I love these pre-picky days. He'll eat anything right now. We give him a mix of finger foods (sweet potato, avocado, broccoli, bread, beans, Cheerios) and purees. I'm still making his purees and I'm really proud of this one I made called "Super Foods Puree." It contained ground turkey, spinach, sweet potatoes, shallots (!) and oatmeal. Of course, he just ate it up. Pretty sure it gave him super powers!

--Babbling: It's tough to write out what he's saying but there definitely are some "mama" sounds in there!

--Playing: We're full on into the toy stage now. He's truly delighted by His favorites are these soft bath toys that are shaped like buildings. I'm always saying, "Where's Gus' building?" Good thing we have plenty of them! He's also showing a preference for balls. Feels familiar.


Here's Gus doing one of his favorite things. You can tell he feeds himself because he has avocado in his hair.

And I like this one because you can see how progressive we are being with finger food--apples, black beans, maybe some Puffs on there.


Here's Gus saying "More" in baby sign language. I wasn't even demonstrating it. I was just holding the camera!



I LOVE this adorable thing Gus does: He poses on his side like he's doing a side plank in Yoga. He even crosses his legs for extra cuteness.



5 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Yes...my favorite is the side plank...so very cute. And when he is already doing the "more" sign as you are putting him in the high chair...before he's strapped in & before food is even on his tray!
Happy 8 months, Gus...you are a delight!

GR said...

Happy 8 months, Gus! I can't wait to see what you're up to when you reach the 1-year-old mark.

Kristin said...

Happy 8 months adorable Gus! Looks like you are having so much fun, and are quite the ham for the camera like big brother Leo! Can't wait to see you! Love, Tia K

Aimee said...

how is he already 8 months old? gah- he is too, too stinking cute!

Writinggal said...

Thanks, y'all :)