Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October Traditions

While I still think the whole pumpkin patch thing is way too recital-y, every October since having Leo we've made the pilgrimage to the PP. This year was extra cute because we got a good shot of Leo holding Gus, which was challenging given that Gus is just about the same weight as Leo.




It was also an extra cute experience because we went to a smaller patch with fewer crowds, no fee to enter and a hay ride! Bonus: Leo got to drive the tractor for the hay ride.





The boys on the hay ride. Gus actually cried for most of it. Not sure what he has against hay. Or rides.
I hope he's not crushing Leo.


Put that down! We're not actually buying any pumpkins here!

This place doubled as a Christmas Tree farm. Makes sense. I mean man cannot live by pumpkin alone.

Got it. Obligatory kid in the pumpkin shots:

Then we went to Helen for the annual Oktoberfest. I know--two events in one day with two kids!






This looks weird but I think I can easily explain it: Chicken Dance! I get really into the "Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle" part.


Happy October!


4 comments:

GR said...

All that fun and you didn't even buy a pumpkin? No wonder the economy is terrible!

Liz said...

Your hair is SO long! I love it.

Kristin said...

Oh my nephews are so adorable in the pumpkin patch! Someday we will have to get the obligatory photo of the boys in the Texas bluebonnets!

Writinggal said...

We did eventually get a pumpkin later so we're still doing our part! Thanks, Liz, about my hair. I'm growing it out for Locks of Love. Yes, the bluebonnets are a lot like the pumpkins--mostly recital but cute.