Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Like Mommy Like Leo

So lately Leo’s thing is that he doesn’t like napkins. I realized this when he requested that we move the napkin holder to our bedroom. I thought that was ridiculous so I put it on top of the fridge (as if that’s not ridiculous).  He said he couldn’t look at the napkins while he ate. When I asked him why, he said, “Because Leo is on the napkins.” While that didn’t make any sense, his comment about not looking at something while he ate sounded familiar.

As a child I, too, could not look at certain things while eating. (I still can’t watch talk shows while eating.) We had a framed poster of a bull fighter  hanging in our kitchen and I never liked to have that in my line of sight during a meal. I told Frank, “Now if he didn’t want to look at that (pointing to our framed poster of a lady sipping a martini that hangs in our kitchen), I could understand!”

And then, a few days later, he announced that he also couldn’t “look at that lady and eat.”

Oh my gosh, what have I done to him?

 

 

Here are some pics of how Leo sits for every meal:

IMG_4433

 

 

IMG_4437

 

And here are some pics of Gus who is most likely thinking, “What kind of family have I gotten myself into?”

 

IMG_4434

IMG_4435

3 comments:

Granny Jo said...

I'm glad Leo got his "cheese" in the clip....and Gus is actually thinking about how he can come up with something better!

Kristin said...

I think Gus is thinking, if that funny little boy is not going to eat those pancakes, I sure would like those in my adorable BELLY!

Hey, I have the bullfighting picture at my house. You can have it if you want to make mealtime even more interesting at your house!

Jessi said...

I can't watch any cooking shows while eating.

It's so cute to hear Leo talk :)