Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

A PSA from Pregnant Women

This may be more appropriate for the expanding blog but I figured since it didn’t feature a cute pic of Leo, I was safe to address it here. I’m pretty sure I’ve covered this topic before but apparently, not everyone remembers so I’m offering this refresher.

I present to you this list of approved and unapproved comments. I think I can safely say that I speak for all women who are pregnant, have ever been pregnant or ever plan to get pregnant:

 

Approved: You look so cute!   Unapproved: You look so huge!

Approved: How much longer? Unapproved: There’s no way you’re going to make it to your due date.

Approved: Are you having a boy or a girl? Unapproved: Are you having twins?

Approved: Aw…   Unapproved: Oh. My. God.

Approved: You don’t even look pregnant from the back! Unapproved: Even your face looks pregnant!

Approved: Congratulations! Unapproved: Was this an accident?

Approved: When are you due? Unapproved: When are you due, yesterday?

Approved: Is it okay if I touch your belly? Unapproved: (Just touching my belly).

Approved: How excited are you? And the all-time unapproved comment, which someone just asked me the other day…

How much weight have you put ON?  

This list isn’t intended to scare you from talking to pregnant women. We like the attention. However, if you’re not sure what to say, simply consult this so you can stick to everything in the approved line.

The person, by the way, who asked me how much weight I’ve put on ALSO asked me if I was due yesterday. I don’t think a list on a blog is gonna be enough for her. Gotta sign her up for the weekend workshop.

 

IMG_3862 - Copy

5 comments:

Dawn Saunders said...

So true! I always wanted to have a shirt made that said

Yes I am pregnant
I am due on April 8th
It is a girl
And NO you can't touch my belly

You look great! I bet you can't even tell you are pregnant from the back. :)

Jaime said...

Haha. This is great! And you look adorable...for carrying twins.;)

Writinggal said...

Aw, good to see comments from my second-grade buddies here! Can't believe we are all mommies now. Remember, don't talk until the flowers are on the table (or until bossy Elsa tells you it's okay)

Kristin said...

How about a workshop for after you have the baby, and people make comments about when you are due! (When the baby is not with you)

Writinggal said...

I have a whole plan to combat that this time, since last time people asked me when I was due up to two months after! I am already stocking up on post-partum clothes--not quite maternity but not quite fitted either. Think moo moos :)