Search This Blog

Monday, March 07, 2011

Books for Baby

Leo and I were at The Container Store the other day and we found a basket that looks like the one that holds his books. I said we should get one for the baby and we could put his books in it too. Leo picked out the color (a nice chocolate brown) and then he tried to also carry it through the store. I said, “This is kinda big so why don’t you let mommy carry it?” He said, “How about you carry one side and I carry the other?” I thought this was brilliant 1). Because he used the phrase “how about?” and 2). Because it really was a very good solution! So we each took a handle and carried it through the store.

When we got home I asked Leo if there were any books of his that we could put in the baby’s basket. At first he wasn’t willing to give up any, not even the really babyish board books. But then he finally agreed that he would give the baby “Leo the Late Bloomer.” I was surprised because that’s not only one of his favorites but it’s specifically about LEO. I had the basket in the guest room which will soon be the baby’s room. I told Leo to bring in any books that he thought the baby could have. He ran from his room to the other room, each time with a new book. He was enjoying doing this so much that he was picking up ANY book, even ones that he really likes. Here he is posing after putting books in the basket. (He’s also holding a little stuffed bull the whole time.)

 

 

IMG_3779

IMG_3782

IMG_3781

And while I’m at it, “how about” a video of Leo sharing his books?

 

2 comments:

GR said...

It will be interesting to see how long this spirit of benevolence will last once little brother actually arrives; especially when LB becomes old enough to request some of Leo's books, toys, etc.

Kristin said...

What a sweet boy you are Leo! Won't it be fun when Leo can read to his baby brother!