Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2008

And another thing...

As long as I'm venting about stores wanting your email address, I've got another one:

Does this ever happen to you?

You (checking email): Hmmm...I don't remember signing up for this email from the Austin American Statesman. I don't even live in Austin. I don't care about their breaking news, even if it is a tornado. Well, I care a little since I have friends/family there but I don't need an email about it.

I think I will unsubscribe to this email. (Click)

Ugh. It wants my password. Do I even have a password? I didn't think I even signed up for this! (rummaging through password files, typing in email and password).

What? You don't recognize my email? But you just emailed me! Now I can't unsubscribe! I'm on this list forever. I would email the contact on the email directly and yell at him about his fake unsubscribe button (which I've done before to other phony systems such as this) but I used to work with his wife and if he recognizes my name that could be awkward.

Plus, he might be busy hiding in a bathroom on account of the tornado.

No comments: