Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

“This is becoming my new favorite channel!”

That’s Frank, talking about Lifetime.

We were watching “Army Wives” which I convinced him to watch last week after I saw the series premier and thought it rocked. I made my case by telling him that the army wives were hot (which they are) and not mentioning that it was on Lifetime, "television for women."

Of course he soon figured it out when we watched the Ti-fauxed series premier (me for the second time) and saw a slew of commercials for other Lifetime shows and movies. We ended up taping all of them.

Then last night we watched the second episode of Army Wives. While Frank was fast forwarding through one set of commercials I said, “Stop! I think I just saw an ad for a show with Julie from Desperate Housewives.” We rewound and sure enough, the movie was Girl, Positive where Julie from DH plays a high school senior who worries she may be infected with HIV. When we saw that Kelly Taylor was also in it, we pushed record right away!

Then later, during a different commercial break my quick eyes spotted another 90210 alum: “Wait! There’s Brandon! There’s Brandon! Stop and record whatever it is!!” The show was called Side order of Life and it also featured a half naked blonde girl. This is when Frank made his infamous announcement:

“This is becoming my new favorite channel!”

This is sort of like when Frank decided he liked Oxygen but much more emasculating. I reminded him that it’s “Lifetime, television for women” and he replied “It’s PH balanced for a woman but strong enough for a man.”

Frank may be strong enough to handle Lifetime but I'm not sure our Ti-faux is. I'm pretty sure we maxed it out when we set a series recording for Cheerleader Nation.

No comments: